Alright you Olive Garden lovers…you have to try this recipe for Chicken Gnocchi Soup. It tastes just like the soup from Olive Garden. When I made it, as you see below, it didn’t look exactly like the soup from Olive Garden – it ended up being more yellow for some reason. It tasted amazing though and was very close to the restaurants famous soup.
Chop up the veggies and add to the pot. I grated my carrots and I chopped up the celery, garlic and onion in a food chopper. The kids and I don’t like large chunks of veggies so to ensure they would all eat it I made them really small.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
2 large carrots-peeled and grated
4 stalks celery-chopped
6 cloves garlic-chopped
1 medium onion-chopped
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Rotisserie Chicken + save any broth in the container
8 cups water
8 chicken bouillon cubes
16 ounce package of Potato Gnocchi
1 1/2 cups spinach, chopped
4 cups half and half
1 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup cold water
5 tablespoons cornstarch
salt & pepper
1. Peel and chop up the onion and garlic. Peel and grate the carrots. Chop up the celery.
2. Pour 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil in large pot and heat on medium.
3. Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook for about 6 minutes on medium.
4. Add 8 cups of hot water into the pot and 8 bouillon cubes and stir together. Bring to a boil.
5. Take the skin off the rotisserie chicken, remove all the chicken from the bones and chop up the chicken and add to the pot.
6. Add any chicken broth that it is the bottom of the container and add to the pot.
7. Add the gnocchi to the pot. Continue to boil for 4 minutes or until the gnocchi float to the top of the soup.
8. Chop up the spinach and add it to the soup.
9. Add the 4 cups of half and half, 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
10. In a separate bowl combine 1/4 cups cold water and 5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Once mixed pour it into the soup.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Bring the soup to a boil until soup thickens.
13. Serve with breadsticks or salad or both!
PRINTABLE RECIPE JUST FOR YOU