I was searching for some crockpot soup recipes and I found several different recipes for chicken chili, some with beans and some without. I ended up making my own version with ingredients pulled from a few different versions. It turned out so delicious I am glad I took a photo so I could share it with you. The best part of all is you can make this in your crockpot and just toss everything in at once. You could also cook the chicken separately and cook all of the ingredients on the stove. But I am all for throwing it in and forgetting about it until several hours later.
White Bean Chicken Chili
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans white northern beans, drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cans of chicken broth
2 cans of corn
1 can chopped green chiles
1/2 cup of water
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
tortilla chips, crushed
pepper jack cheese, shredded
1. Place uncooked chicken breasts in the crockpot.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients to your crockpot and gently mix together.
3. Cook on high for approximately 4 hours or low 6-7 hours.
4. Before serving shred the pieces of chicken into bite size pieces.
5. Serve with some crushed tortilla chips and shredded pepper jack cheese on top.
– I find it’s easier to remove the breasts and shred on a plate and then add the chicken back in and stir.
– Don’t be tempted to leave out the green chilies, they really add the perfect amount of flavor to the chili.
– If it’s too thick for your liking you can always add a little bit more water at the end. I like my soups with lots of broth., so I added about a half cup more water. Guess you could say I like to slurp my soup!
Let me know if you try it and how it turned out :)
If you are looking for a regular beef CROCKPOT CHILI RECIPE I have one that is so delicious. This recipe gets the most clicks & pins out of all my recipes – it really is yummy!