I realize it’s almost two weeks past Christmas and here I am still sharing things about our day. I literally have a list of about 10 things I would like to blog/vlog about. Hopefully soon I will get caught up and be writing about current things instead of being a week behind! I couldn’t share this post prior to Christmas though or the recipients would have seen their gift.
I made these really cute Ice Cream Sundae Kits for Ken and I’s siblings this year for Christmas. The idea came from a photo I seen on Pinterest. Are you on Pinterest? Follow my pages here. You can spend hours on there looking at all sorts of cool stuff from fashion, to food & recipes, vacations and more. The original idea for the Sundae Kit came from the blog Family Bites. I thought it was a really cute idea so I bought the stuff to create my own kits.
1. First I purchased these bowls from Anthropologie. The original idea didn’t have any kind of bowls involved, but I wanted there to be something left to enjoy once all the goodies were eaten.
2. I purchased all the goodies- M & M’s, Reese’s Pieces, Walnuts, Gummy Bears, and Chocolate Chips and clear bags to put them in.
3. I created labels on the computer using a template from a site called Anything but Perfect and I edited and resized them to fit my bags.
4. I purchased waffle bowls and cones and wrapped them in plastic wrap. I also purchased a jar of fudge topping and caramel topping.
5. I bought plastic containers that had snowflakes on them to hold all of the items. I used tissue paper in between all the bowls as well. I also covered everything with tissue paper to hide the gift until it was opened. Now they have a container that they could reuse for something as well.
TaDa! I thought they turned out pretty neat and I was happy that everyone seemed to like them. Everyone loves ice cream!! This could be a great gift for any occasion really.