This question is pretty easy to answer. I would like to travel as much of the world as possible. Some places that I really would like to travel too before I am to old to enjoy them properly.
1. Bora Bora or Tahiti (French Polynesia) – I want to be over top of the ocean in one of those romantic looking huts. Definitely kid-free vacation.
2. Paris/Monte Carlo/Nice, France – Site seeing galore! I would want to go to Paris for sure and if I am going to go all that way I wouldn’t want to miss the views of the Mediterranean.
3. Australia – Ken always says he wants to visit the Australian Outback & Great Barrier Reef. I would need to take a photography class before this trip so I come back some amazing photos!
4. Eastern Caribbean – I would love to take a week long cruise and visit the islands of Turks and Caicos, San Juan and St. Thomas.
5. As many countries as possible really…Spain, Italy, Egypt…I want to see and do as much as possible! I don’t even know what there is to see in some of these places other than to experience their culture, but I would love to go.
Speaking of traveling… we had been tossing around the idea of taking the kids to Cancun for Christmas vacation since we didn’t go over the summer. Of course Christmas is just like going at spring break, super expensive. Which I guess doesn’t matter because if we don’t go at Christmas, spring break is the next choice. However last night the kids were talking about vacation and they would rather go stay at a ski resort for a couple of days than to go Mexico. I so do not agree because I hate cold weather and the whole point is to get away from the crappy weather here in Michigan. But they are adamant that they would so much more enjoy skiing and snowboarding than sitting around a resort with nothing to do but swim all day. I get what they are saying because truth is in Mexico that is all we would be doing. The resort would have some stuff for the kids to do, but ideally it would be more of a R & R vacation than site seeing and daily activities. So now against my wishes, I think we might check into going skiing somewhere for a few days over Christmas break. I am pretty fearful of one of the kids getting hurt skiing of snowboarding, but I suppose that is why there are Orthopedic Surgeons in the world. Ugh!!! Not to mention my ABSOLUTE FEAR OF SKI LIFTS.