weight loss

Can fat people do the Insanity workout?

This week I started the Insanity workout. Yes, the one where you’ve seen the infomercials on Sunday mornings. The one you watch from the couch, instead of getting off your booty and giving it a try. Okay, I only say that because that is what I was doing. I have always found it interesting and figured I have nothing to lose with trying it out. I hated the thought of spending $120 or more but when I found it on Ebay for nearly half the price, I couldn’t think of any reason to not take the plunge. I thought of all the times I have spent $70 on a nice dinner with Ken. Well this is my body that I have to live with every day. Certainly it is worth every penny, if it works of course. How can it not work? How can this not end positively? How will I not lose weight from this?

I’ve gotten a little bored with just walking/running all the time and I have always needed something to help me build up my endurance. When I am running and have to stop to walk, 70% of the time it is because I am out of breath. The other 30% would be muscle pains, so I debated doing weight training to build up my muscles. I would still love to do some strength (weight) training as well, but for the next 60 days I am committed to doing INSANITY!!!

Here is a intro video to my new weight loss video series – “Can Fat People do the Insanity workout?”

Updated in January 2013:
Since this post I have created 4 more videos in this series-
See all of the videos in the playlist here at YouTube. Thanks for watching :)
Subscribe for future weight loss and fitness videos and blog posts!

Previous Post Next Post

3 Comments

  • Reply Josie March 10, 2017 at 3:05 am

    Hey, that’s a clever way of thniikng about it.

  • Reply Tessa July 6, 2013 at 2:26 pm

    Awesome job! You go girl! I am like you not huge huge( not that there is anything wrong with that either) but definitely overweight and will be out of breath. I like your post thanks for sharing!

  • Reply Meakey October 3, 2012 at 7:35 pm

    I really enjoyed this video. Even though, I am a lot more out of shape than the women in the video.

  • Leave a Reply